Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Stampin’ Up! Smoky Slate – AWH Colour Creations Showcase Week 47


A warm welcome to everybody as we showcase another Stampin' Up! ink colour as part of the Colour Creations Showcase. And for this week it is Smoky Slate, the lightest and soft gray in the colour families. A colour that is probably most often used as a neutral partner to other colours.

And as Mother's Day approaches on Sunday 9th May, I have made another card this week using Smoky Slate card stock as base and a gray layer from the In Good Taste DSP. This DSP has been a very very popular patterned paper that will continue into the new Stampin' Up! 2021-22 catalogue. And just a reminder the new catty is now available - so very exciting!

The flowers have been stamped and cut from the Art Gallery bundle in So Saffron and Bumblebee inks, shades of yellow that complement the Smoky Slate nicely I think. The flower stems have been stamped in Mossy Meadow ink. These have been adhered using dimensionals to a Champagne foil sheet cut with Stitched So Sweetly die.

To finish off, I have used the 'happy' greeting from the Well Written die set (now retired). I thought I would use it one last time before I get stuck into some new goodies from the new catty! This set has greetings to suit numerous occasions. The 'Mother's Day' greeting is from the Dressed to Impress stamp set which I have also used previously and will be continuing with the new catty too. Bumblebee card stock and ink have been used for both of these greetings. 


I have tied a double bow using Whisper White twine from the Snail Mail Twine Combo pack (from January-June Mini Catalogue) and adhered to the stem with a Glue dot. Lastly, I added some Gold Glitter Enamel dots to the floral centres and some sparkle to the card!

I hope you've enjoyed this weeks cards and for more inspiration from the other lovely ladies you can hop over to Cathy Proctor's blog. Thanks again for stopping by and wishing all those lovely mothers, grandmothers and significant ladies out there a most enjoyable day on Sunday and hoping you get pampered and of course, receive some beautiful cards! 🌹

8 comments:

  1. This is a real "wow" card, Rosa; I love it! I have never thought to use that brick-patterned paper on the diagonal ... but it's the perfect backdrop to those gorgeous yellow flowers. You've chosen such a beautiful colour combination, and the execution of your design is just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosa this is one of my fave colour combos! Your angling of the background DSP really draws the eye - amazing. Thank you for your Smoky Slate inspiration in the AWH Colour Creations showcase this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The DSP on the angle looks great and I love your double bow. I am sure your card will be well appreciated for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that background DSP looks fabulous behind your flowers. I love that you added the smaller flower too, to create more of a bouquet. Lovely colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card Rosa, so gorgeous are these flowers against the tile background! Snap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice of background paper Rosa, and I love the colour of the Art Gallery flowers. The touches of foil add a lovely elegance to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely lovely card Rosa. I do love yellow and grey together and you have used them brilliantly. As others have said, the tile DSP is a prefect background for the flowers and I love your touches of Gold & Champagne, Beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yellow flowers are so sweet, Rosa. I love how you've used the enamel dots in the centres.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...