Monday, August 5, 2024

Heart of Christmas 2024 - Week 1


Hello fellow stampers! I’m very excited to welcome everyone to the very first week of the Heart of Christmas Stampin’ Up! blog hop for 2024! Each week until 25 November 2024 the Art With Heart team will showcase Christmas cards and projects to inspire you to create  your own.

Stampin’ Up! have released the latest Mini Catalogue (September - December 2024) to demonstrators only and will be made available to the general public from 6 September. While waiting for the demonstrator pre-order to begin I have made a start on my Christmas stash using current DSP now available under ‘Online exclusives’ section.

The DSP pack I have used in tonight’s cards is Shining Christmas. These papers have foil patterns on one side and matt patterns on the other. The colours in this pack are Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow and Basic White.


For my first card the stamp set used has carried over from the last Sept-Dec 2023 mini catalogue - So Very Merry. I stamped the Santa with Memento Black ink and die cut using a circle from the Stylish Shapes die set. The image was coloured with Stampin’ Blends in Balmy Blue, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake. 


The sentiment stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink is from the same stamp set and die cut with a label die from Greetings of the Season die set (Online exclusives). This stamp and die bundle has a variety of greetings and coordinating dies.

The label die cuts a hole to tie a ribbon or other trim. I tied the Silver & White Sheer ribbon and adhered some silver Adhesive-backed Sparkle gems. Santa and the sentiment were adhered with dimensionals to a DSP layer and then the Basic White card base.


For my second card I adhered the DSP to the Basic White card base. This sentiment is comprised of two greetings from the Greetings of the Season stamp set and then die cut from the coordinating bundle. I have used the same ribbon and sparkle gems as in my first card.


The present has been die cut from white Glimmer specialty paper using the Wanted to Say die set. It’s a bit difficult to see from the photo but it does sparkle in the light! The bow is also die cut from Mossy Meadow card stock.


For my last card I CASEd a card template in the Annual catalogue. I’ve cut DSP rectangles and arranged as per layout.
I adhered the layers to a Mossy Meadow mat and then to the White card base.


The main greeting ‘Celebrate’ is from the die set with the present and bow, Wanted to Say. The base is die cut from the white glimmer paper and the word from Cherry Cobbler. I have also die cut and adhered several more presents with bows to the card front.


You can view the foil accents from another angle.


Please head on to the next participant for more Christmas inspiration the lovely and very talented Christine Blain.


If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of our host, the lovely Sharon Davern and she will have the list of all those participating.

Don’t forget to check back next week for more Christmas projects. Hope you have a fabulous week ahead!

10 comments:

  1. Rosa, you three cards look amazing and they showcase that gorgeous DSP perfectly! I love that you I CASEd a card template in the Annual catalogue and shared the measurements too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, three cards in week one, you are on fire. Those DSP papers have a gorgeous sheen as seen in the final photo and I love how you used the card template to create it. Lovely array of products used this week, Rosa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Rosa! I have been a little stumped, as to how best to use this DSP, and you have inspired me. I especially love the little white glimmer present added to the sentiment label on your second card - great theming, and subtle detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rosa, you have created 3 wonderful cards. I love the products you have used together. You have so many gorgeous details, including the Greetings of the Season die cut labels with ribbon trims. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy, three stunning cards Rosa, Santa in my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great cards Rosa. I had completely forgotten about that gorgeous paper but now you have inspired me to dig it out and use it. I especailly love your stained glass Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards Rosa, love the presents with the bows on them! I nearly used this DSP is is so pretty! I love using templates especially at Christmas time to get all your cards made. Lovely set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive start with 3 cards Rosa! Especially love the colouring on your stained glass Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosa you have started the hops with 3 beautiful cards, love the layouts and the colouring on the stained glass image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards, Rosa and a great reminder of this lovely specialty paper we still have available. The stained glass Santa is my favourite; the background paper works so well with the image.

    ReplyDelete

Heart of Christmas 2024 - Week 6

Hello fellow stampers! Welcome back to this week’s  Heart of Christmas   S tampin’ Up! blog hop. Each week until 25 November 2024 the Art Wi...