Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Stampin’ Up! Purple Posy – AWH Colour Creations Showcase Week 39


Hello everyone, I'm back for another week for the Art With Heart Teams Colour Creations Showcase using Purple Posy. This colour is such a lovely soft purple/lilac and so feminine so I really love it. The cardstock is available but Stampin' Up! have decided not to produce the ink colour due to it not meeting their quality standards. Purple Posy goes very nicely with the another shade of purple which is Highland Heather and that I have used for my card today.

For this card the base card is Purple Posy, layered with Old Olive and then  Hydrangea Hill DSP.  It has some lovely colours including the purple tones as well as soft blues. The hydrangea flower posy was also fussy cut from this DSP and I have added leaves using dies from the Forever Fern and Magnolia Memory bundles in Highland Heather and Old Olive cardstock.


The birthday greeting is from the Friends Are Like Seashells bundle, which I can't wait to play with next (hopefully!), and stamped in Highland Heather ink colour. It was then cut using a die from Tasteful Labels set. That stamp set and the Hydrangea Hill DSP are both found in the January - June Mini Catalogue.


To finish I added some Gorgeous Grape Sheer ribbon tied with Whisper White Twine which are both found in the Mini Catalogue.  I have also added some Opal Rounds to the card for some sparkle as these have opalescent glitter through them.


For more inspiration on this week's colour showcase you can hop over to Cathy Proctor's blog. Wishing everyone a lovely week ahead! 

10 comments:

  1. So elegant and just beautiful Rosa! I really like the way you've tied your gorgeous grape ribbon with the bakers twine. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful Purple Posy project with us all tonight x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! The layering is gorgeous, and I love the ribbon and twine combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really beautiful card, Rosa! I am so pleased you used the hydrangea products; I planned to, then thought everyone might choose them ... and you're the only one who has featured them. Love what you have done with the DSP, ribbon and die cuts. The composition of your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Rosa. I love your use of the Hydrangea DSP with the die cut pieces and ribbon & twine combo. Gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Rosa, I haven't got the Hydrangea bundle but you are making me want it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is perfectly balanced with all those different elements. Such a nice sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I thought many of the team would use the Hydrangea suite, but surprised they haven't for tonight's CCS. I love what you have created with these products. A lovely rich combination of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Rosa. The ribbon and twine element looks very sweet and complements the little hydrangea posy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card, Rosa, and your use of the DSP for the background and centrepiece. Love the sentiment as well - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful. Great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...