Monday, September 6, 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 10



Welcome everyone to the Art with Heart team showcase of some wonderful Christmas cards this week and every week until Christmas!

We’re in week 10 - wow! I’ve so enjoyed the variety of cards made by these talented ladies every week and very happy to stock up for Christmas now to avoid the mad rush towards the end.

This week’s card is inspired by a Canadian demonstrator Laura Seki @southridgestudiopaperart and our very own Di Furniss. It is a version of the swing-fold design.


The card base is Smokey Slate and the front panel has been cut from the fold at 3cm either end. The DSP I’ve used on this card is Peaceful Place. Even though we have no snow at Christmas in Australia I still love the snowy Christmas scenes as seen in this paper with lots of white, grays and silver.


The DSP front panels are 2.5cm x 10cm. Prior to adhering these to the cut panels I placed a 10cm x 14.25cm Window sheet first to provide a clear window to the card. I then adhered the DSP panels to the sheet.

The log cabin was fussy cut from the DSP and adhered to the front left panel with tear adhesive so that it can’t be seen from the back of this panel.


The middle DSP panel is 9cm x 10.5cm and has beautiful silver trees on it. The greeting is from the Encircled in Warmth stamp set and I have stamped with VersaMark onto Basic Gray card stock. It was then heat embossed with White Embossing powder.

The greeting was then cut using a die from the Encircled in Beauty dies from the Annual Catalogue. Before adhering the greeting, I used some silver Elegant trim that I wrapped around three fingers and twisted in the middle and adhered it to the back with Tear Adhesive. The finished greeting was adhered to the middle panel with dimensionals.


I just lifted the front flap to show the middle panel.

The inside of the card has a DSP layer from the same set cut to 10cm x 14.5cm. I’ve also cut a scalloped panel from the Stitched So Sweetly die set in Basic White to allow a written message. A greeting from the Holly Jolly Wishes stamp set was stamped in Basic Gray ink onto the panel.

Lastly I have added some Christmas tree embellishments using the dies from the Cloche set in Smokey Slate and Basic Gray card stocks.


Please head on to the next participant for more inspiration if you haven’t already done so, the very talented Kate Morgan.

If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of this week’s host of The Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop, Tina Gillespie and she will have the list of all those participating.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and may you have a wonderful week ahead. Take care all xx 


10 comments:

  1. They grey tones are really pretty, and certainly add to the snowy feel of your fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever card Rosa, I love the extra layers on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully made and decorated card, Rosa. I was really impressed when I saw this card fold, made by Di, and I love what you've done with it, too. I like the combination of bold and subtle patterns, and really like the sentiment die-cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the various grey/silver tones in this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve seen a few of these fun-fold cards Rosa, but yours is so lovely with the centre panel of acetate. I love the greys and silver, I especially love the look of the white embossed sentiment on the Basic Gray card stock and the die you cut it with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so elegant and so clever Rosa - I just love the shades of gray and silver and I really love your sentiment and that die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that window sheet on the front panel, it really looks like you are looking through a window to that gorgeous winter wonderland. This is such great use of these papers, Rosa and another fancy fold on my list to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have looked at this quite a lot and it is just a beautiful card. The window sheet and the house is great. I love the die and sentiment. Such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card Rosa and the use of the window sheet with the silver trees is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your swing fold card Rosa. The simple colour palette is so elegant and makes for a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...