Monday, August 30, 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 9

.


Hi everyone! We are into week 9 for the Heart of Christmas blog hop bringing us to the end of August!

For the cards I’ve made this week I have used Encircled in Warmth stamp set found in the July-December mini catalogue and matching dies from Encircled in Beauty found in the Annual catalogue. I was thinking of masculine Christmas cards because of the colours used but they could really be given to anybody.

The DSP Peaceful Prints used is from the SALE-a-bration catalogue that’s full of FREE items you can receive with a qualifying purchase of $90 or more. A great offer!

To each Basic White card base I’ve adhered layers of Basic Black card stock and DSP from the set mentioned with colours of Garden Green and black. I’ve also added the reverse strip from the DSP which has been run with scissors over the edges.

The sentiments are from Encircled in Warmth and are really lovely and have been stamped in Garden Green ink and the other stamped with VersaMark on Basic Black card and heat embossed with White embossing powder.

These were then cut with the beautiful filigree dies from the Encircled in Beauty set. To finish off I’ve added some bows in Black and White Gingham ribbon.


Also I have punched out the deer from another sheet of the DSP using a coordinating Deer Builder punch.

And the inside of the card has strips of DSP together with Basic Black.

Please head on to the next participant for more inspiration if you haven’t already done so, the very talented Caroline Manwaring

If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of this week’s host of The Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop, Sharon Davern, and she will have the list of all those participating.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and may you enjoy the rest of your week xx




12 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE with your use of black on these cards, Rosa!! My favourite is your first card, that just has Garden Green, black and white on it. So eye-catching ... and the gingham bows are pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Rosa, the Encircled in Beauty dies add the perfect bit of detail to the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! That multi-looped bow is fabulous! Your cards are both wonderful, but I think the second is my favourite by a smidge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosa the way you've bought together these different elements in both your cards is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black and white check ribbon bow is a wow on both cards, it really finishes them off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think I know who to come to for some bow lessons, fabulous! Love how you have used the beautiful filigree dies! Love the deer on the second one so I think that one might just be my favourite of the 2 even with the gorgeous bow on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That black Encircled in Beauty die is so dramatic and eye-catching, Rosa. I love that double Gingham bow too, amazing. Both great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two really lovely cards Rosa. That bow on your first card looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the gingham bow! I never would have thought to put that ribbon with a Christmas card. Awesome! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your card Rosa. Doesn't the black and white ribbon work so well with the gorgeous designer series paper. Great bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two lovely cards Rosa but my favourite is the first one. And that bow wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely bold look you've created with the addition of the black touches, Rosa. The gingham bow looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...