Monday, October 4, 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 14




Hi and welcome everyone! Thanks for joining the Art With Heart team blog hop celebrating Christmas. It’s week 14 and there are 71 days to Christmas!

Just last week I received my Stampin’ Up! order full of goodies including the Whimsy & Wonder suite. It’s full of non-traditional colours, sparkly foiled paper, iridescent foil snowflakes and gorgeous frayed grosgrain ribbon.


I wasn’t sure how much I would like Christmas cards in Polished Pink but after playing with the DSP in this suite I’ve fallen in love with it.


The card stock base is Polished Pink and has a DSP layer die cut on one side using Basic Borders dies. To this I have adhered a thin silver foil layer at the top.


The middle of the panel has a Wonderful Snowflake adhered using a dimensional. As mentioned above it is iridescent foil which is difficult to see in the photo but nonetheless beautiful in reality.


I have also adhered die cut pieces from the Christmas Trees Dies. These are rather pretty and whimsical as the suite name states! I have cut these from Polished Pink, Mint Macaron and Blushing Bride card stock.

The sentiment is from the Whimsical Trees stamp set in this suite and stamped using Polished Pink Ink on Basic White card stock. I have used the thinnest part of the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. To finish off I have scattered some Subtle Shimmer Sequins adhered with TomBow glue.


I have used the Blushing Bride card stock base in my second card and adhered the snowflake to this. The Christmas trees on this card have been die cut from DSP in this set. The little baubles have been die cut from brushed Silver Foil that has a purplish tinge rather than sparkly silver.


The sentiment has been stamped straight onto the card base. I have also added some of the frayed grosgrain ribbon in Blushing Bride and to finish off I have scattered some Subtle Shimmer Sequins adhered with TomBow glue.


Please head on to the next participant for more inspiration if you haven’t already done so, the very talented Sharon Davern

If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of this week’s host of The Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop, Tina Gillespie and she will have the list of all those participating.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. I'm not normally a fan of pink on Christmas cards, but how could we not love that gorgeous paper??!! I love how you used the Basic Borders die on the Polished Pink DSP on your first card, Rosa. Those little die-cut trees are some of my favourite Christmas elements this year. On your second card, I love the variety of papers and stamps you have used for the three Christmas trees. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are both so pretty! The non-traditional colours are great, and I especially love the Polished Pink card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of the Basic Borders dies on the polished pink card. It is my favourite of the two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards Rosa. I particularly like the brightness and fun colours of card 1.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Rosa, but yes, that Polished Pink one is my favourite. It's a wonderful bright colour in this ever changing environment we live in - why not go big and bold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great non-traditional cards Rosa! I just love your sense of design and layouts - they are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Rosa! I particularly love your colour combinations on these cards. The Polished Pink one is especially vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do especially. like your first card Rosa. I have those snowflake embellishments but have been struggling how to use them but yours are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both lovely cards, Rosa, but the Polished Pink is gorgeous! Love the elements you have used.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...