Monday, November 29, 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 22



Hello fellow stampers! This week is our very last Heart of Christmas blog hop for 2021! It has been an amazing experience and a real privilege to hop along with the ladies from the Art With Heart team ❤️.

Every week I have loved seeing the wonderful and very creative cards and other projects that have been inspiring me to learn different techniques and to try them. I will definitely miss the Christmas theme as I love it but I know I can continue with weekly Colour Creations blog hop on Wednesdays!

Now for this weeks project I have made some shaker tags and a card. 


I have used the Tailor Made Tags and Layering Circles die sets to make the two different types of shaker tags. Each tag has been put together the same way. The layers are put together from the bottom up as follows:
  • Basic White card stock base (some have the design stamped on)
  • DSP layer (if required)
  • Adhesive foam sheet layer (die cut using the selected shape i.e. circle or rectangle in this case)
  • See below on how to reduce stickiness of adhesive foam
  • Sprinkle of Subtle Shimmer sequins and tiny die cut shapes in coloured card stock 
  • Peel off protector strip from foam layer
  • Adhere Window sheet layer die cut using the selected shape
  • Adhere either coloured card stock or DSP for the top layer
  • Decorate the front if you wish

To remove or reduce the stickiness from the edges of the foam adhesive layer you can just rub some fabric onto the edge. Most of it worked but some sequins still managed to stick!


The ‘bauble’ top is die cut from Silver Foil specialty pack using the smallest die from Tailor Made Tags. This was adhered to the first bottom layer.


The ribbons used include Polished Pink, Black and White Gingham ribbon and White Glittered Organdy cut in half and were tied with the Silver Elegant Trim or Linen Thread.


The baubles were coloured using Stampin’ Blends in Polished Pink, Mint Macaron and Misty Moonlight.



I’ll just finish off with a card that features another tag adhered to a Basic White and DSP layer that was then adhered to a Basic White base. The sentiment is from the Holly Jolly Wishes stamp set and stamped in Pool Party ink.


The DSP used in the projects tonight include Peaceful Place, Whimsy & Wonder and Sweet Stockings sets.

Please head on to the next participant for more inspiration if you haven’t already done so, the very talented Rachel Woollard.

If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of this week’s host of The Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop, Tina Gillespie and she will have the list of all those participating.

I wanted to say a big big thank you to my fellow blog ladies for all the inspiration they provide every week, their time in providing supporting comments and some funny stories along the way! Also a big thank you to everyone else who stops by and participates in our weekly hops - I hope you have enjoyed them as I have ❤️
 
Thanks for stopping by and please take care and enjoy your week xx

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy Rosa. I adore your shaker tags. Such a clever idea. They will look fabulous adorning your Christmas parcels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are beautiful, Rosa! I love them as really special tags, but also as an addition to a card front. Each design is so pretty, and beautifully put-together. Thanks for sharing your lovely creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these shaker cards, Rosa, they all look so amazing it is hard to pick a fave, but maybe it is the solver and aqua one as they are my colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, great tags, Rosa. I love that you made them into shaker tags too. They are all fantastic and such a great idea, I must give it a go, thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fantastic projects to share in our last HOC for 2021, Rosa. I just love the variety of tags you’ve made, and the fact that they’re shaker tags too! I may just have to go and make some now. Thank you for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...