Wednesday, February 23, 2022

CCBH Poppy Parade - Week 37

 


Hello fellow stampers! Hope everyone is doing well and getting some craft time wherever you may be. This week’s colour for the Colour Creations blog hop is Poppy Parade. I love this red as it is a softer red than Real Red and can coordinate with a range of Stampin’ Up colours. We’re into Week 37 for this colour challenge!

This week I have gone a little bit out of my comfort zone by creating 1. a masculine card and 2. a sporty card! I have none or very few  of these in my card stash. And it’s also a basic fancy fold!




The card uses the Hey Sports Fan DSP on Poppy Parade card base. This DSP from the new mini catalogue is all about baseball which is not as big here in Australia due to other more popular sporting codes such as Aussie Rules football and cricket.

As I don’t have either the matching stamp set or die set in this bundle I just used the DSP received through a paper share recently. The stamp set does have some great masculine sentiments including one for Father’s Day.

The card recipe is as follows:

Card base (front):
  • Poppy Parade card base: 10.5cm x 15cm
  • Night of Navy mat: 10cm x 11 cm
  • DSP front layer: 9.5cm x 10.5cm
Card base (back):
  • Very Vanilla mat (back): 9.5cm x 14cm
  • Various card stock and DSP to decorate the back
Rectangle Box
  • Poppy Parade card base: 10.5cm x 15cm. Scored on the long side at 3.5cm, 7cm, 10.5cm and 14cm
  • 3 panels of Very Vanilla card stock: 10cm x 3cm
  • 3 panels DSP: 9.5cm x 2.5cm
I started with putting together the front of the card base and adhering all the layers. Next I adhered the Very Vanilla mat and stamped my greeting from the stamp set in Poppy Parade ink. Finally added some more DSP at the bottom of the card.


The rectangle box was put together next and each panel was added to three of the sides. The side adhered to the main card base was left plain.


Decorating the front was fun. I adhered the fussy cut flags, stars, baseball bats and ball to the different panels. Lastly I added a piece of Fan Bakers Twine in Poppy Parade / White to the blue flag.


The card will fold flat to fit inside an envelope.


Hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop where you can find more inspiration from the next participant the very talented, Theresa Gerrard.


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the full list of participants on Cathy Proctor’s blog. 

7 comments:

  1. What a sensational card to showcase this DSP, Rosa. Love your cute fancy fold You've really inspired me to make something similar as I don't have the stamp set or dies and my friend's son has just been selected to play baseball for Australia, so thank you so much for taking the time to add the measurements and instructions to your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good does Poppy Parade look with Night of Navy?! Great card, Rosa - and go you, stepping well outside your comfort zone! I love what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking of getting this set Rosa, but keep putting it off. Great card I'm moving closer to the purchase now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always a fan of red and navy and your card shows them off beautifully Rosa. Love a fancy fold card so long as you can still get it flat like you can with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just a fantastic card and just makes me want to get all of this and make one too! My son loves all sports and he would absolutely love this card! Having been born in the US he loves watching and scoring all the sports as well as playing. Love your card so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever use of this DSP, Rosa. It's always tricky to build up the masculine stash of cards, but this is a great design.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...