Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Colour Creations Calypso Coral - Week 12


Hi and welcome to Week 12 of the Colour Creations blog hop where members of the Art With Heart Stampin’ Up! demonstrators showcase a new colour every Wednesday. Tonight’s colour is Calypso Coral. This is an orangey or peachey sort of colour and quite cheerful when paired with other bright colours. 

My card is a Z-fold design which I have been wanting to try for awhile. There are so many different fun folds that you can try and they are not really difficult at all. I have used the Splendid Day DSP and Splendid Stems Dies from the Splendid Day Suite of products.

The main base card is Basic White and the panels have been cut from Calypso Coral card stock and DSP. These were adhered to the base card. 

The narrow front panel is Basic White then Calypso Coral card stock and the Happy Forest Friends DSP for the top layer. I adhered the narrow layer to the base card.

To arrange my pot of foliage I die cut pieces (including the bowl) using the Splendid Stems die set from Smoky Slate and Calypso Coral card stock. The lighter coloured stem was die cut from Fluid 100 Watercolour paper that was watercoloured with Calypso Coral ink and a touch of Mossy Meadow ink using a water brush. 

I decided to join the watercolour challenge for the month of July and get out of my comfort zone as I don’t have a lot of confidence in my watercoloring ability! But I love the softness of colours that watercolouring brings to the end result.


I added some Fine Sparkle Adhesive backed Gems in Calypso Coral to the sentiment label.

Hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop where you can find more Calypso Coral inspiration from the next participant, who is also our lovely host, the very talented Cathy Proctor


Take care all, stay warm (for those in the Southern Hemisphere) and enjoy your week!


10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Rosa - you found so many products that work so well together - so harmonious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so lovely! The little pot of plants looks amazing, and I love that you've added the cute little strip to the pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Rosa, the delicate combination of the die cuts and colours you’ve used is really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful elements on your card, Rosa - I love it! The watercoloured foliage looks gorgeous, as does the DSP you have used. The strip across the pot is a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful card Rosa. I love your use of the various DSPs with the fancy fold. Your “Splendid” arrangement including the watercoloured piece is gorgeous. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fold, perfect for the subject, and what a way to show how well these DSPs go together. Good on you for including the water colouring, it’s a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely fancy fold card Rosa. I really love the effect you have achieved with the watercolouring on that particular stem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love this card and the dies you have used make for a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is really beautiful, Rosa. I love the DSPs and that your did this fancy fold from the right, rather than the left for something a little different! Your water colouring is really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so beautiful Rosa, I love the fancy fold and all the DSP and the bowl of stems with the water coloured one which is fantastic! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...