Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Colour Creations - Moody Mauve Week 3

 



Hello and welcome to another colour challenge. It’s Week 2 of the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampin’ Up! demonstrators showcase a new colour every Wednesday. This weeks colour is Moody Mauve which belongs to the 2023-25 In Colours.



This weeks card is a Faux Centre Step card. I have used Fresh As A Daisy DSP and let the colours in this particular patterned paper guide me to select coordinating card stock and ink.



Measurements:
  • Card stock base 10.5cm x 24cm scored at 3cm, 6.5cm, 16.5cm
  • Card stock 2: 6.5cm x 23cm scored at 15cm
  • DSP panels:
    • 8cm x 10cm & 2.5cm x 10cm - In Color DSP Assortment 
    • 5cm x 14cm - Fresh as a Daisy
After scoring the base panel I adhered the DSP Assortment layers to the second and fourth front section. The Daisy DSP was adhered to the front panel.


To put the card together I adhered the front panel to the card base at the bottom front and then to the back of the card.

The sentiments are from Timeless Arrangements stamp set. I wasn’t planning on getting this bundle but having seen what other demonstrators were making it managed to make its way into my shopping basket!


I just love the dies in this bundle and how you can arrange stems and floral pieces easily. The sentiments were stamped with Moody Mauve ink onto Bubble Bath card stock, one of the new colours introduced as part of the colour refresh. It’s a beautiful pink that pairs nicely with our feature colour this week. 

Each sentiment was die cut with the rectangle label die in the Timeless Arrangements set which has a cute stitched border and a cross stitch…it’s those little details that make cards special. I have also die cut some stems using Moody Mauve card stock and the lovely 2023-25 In Color Luster Specialty Paper in Wild Wheat. This colour wasn’t really to my taste but the sheen in this paper really helps make the colour ‘shine’!

To finish off the card I have added some 2023-25 In Color Dots in Moody Mauve to the flower centres.



Hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop where you can find more Moody Mauve inspiration from the very talented Kate Morgan.


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the full list of participants on Cathy Proctor’s blog.


11 comments:

  1. Rosa, you've used the Timeless Arrangements dies perfectly to reflect the colours in the DSP. I love the way you've designed this card and arranged the sentiments and the dies - it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always come up with beautiful designs, and this card is no exception, Rosa! I LOVE Timeless Arrangements, and how you've used it. I really like how you paired the polka dot paper (that I've struggled to work out how to use) with the daisy patterned paper. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful way to feature Moody Mauve Rosa by just letting the papers doing all the talking and they are such beautiful papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This daisy paper has been popular tonight! I love how you've made it the main feature of your card. I hadn't noticed the cute dies that you've used to crop your sentiment - I'm off to find them in the catalogue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another delightful card Rosa. I love the way you have used the Faux Centre Step Card to show the DSP. The use of the Timeless Arrangements dies is gorgeous. So lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosa, I love how you have let the patterned papers really shine on yur faux centre step card. The stitching on those rectangle dies for your sentiments are so cute. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Rosa, the extra shimmer in the Wild Wheat lustre paper adds an extra pop to the card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Rosa, this is such a beautiful card. I love the coloured die cut foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've used the DSP for your card, and the shiny leaves are great, I'm actually liking Wild Wheat, especially for leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card, Rosa, I can relate to things managing to make their way into your shopping cart, so far that one hasn't quite made it but it may do so now. Loving that extra shimmer on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card Rosa, love the faux centre step, what a great idea and then loving the foliage you have added behind you sentiments. Isn't it a great bundle! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...