Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Stampin’ Up! Seaside Spray – AWH Colour Creations Showcase Week 45


Hello to everyone who may have come across from Cathy's blog for this weeks AWH Colour Creations Showcase and design inspirations using Seaside Spray. This is a retiring 2019-2021 In Colour that is pale blue and one of my favourites so I will definitely miss it when it goes.

I have made two cards to showcase the use of stamps and dies from the Friends are like seashells bundle. This bundle is available now in the January-June mini catalogue and will also carry over to the new Stampin' Up 2021-22 Annual Catalogue. 


The first card uses the Sand & Sea DSP where one layer has been torn across to create the 'sandy' layer that meets the Seaside Spray blue 'waters'. I have stamped the different beach items using Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and Seaside Spray inks and either stamping or blending ink colours over them. The shells, coral and starfish were layered and adhered using dimensionals on top. Behind the starfish I have tied the Polka Dot ribbon with Linen Thread to add some texture too.


The sentiment is again from the same stamp set inked in Seaside Spray with sand grains inked in Sahara Sand. Lastly I have added some Opal Rounds and what a bonus these will also carry over to the new annual catalogue.



My second card showcases some more of the Sand & Sea DSP which have been punched out using the Rectangular Postage Stamp punch


This is a quick and simple card that only uses the punch, the Pinewood Planks embossing folder (unfortunately retiring but you may get in quick to purchase in the Last Chance Products Sale!) and another stamped sentiment from the set used in the first card. It has quite a few versatile sentiments for birthday and friendship. Again I have added some Linen Thread and Opal Rounds to add texture and sparkle!

 

I hope you've enjoyed this weeks cards and for more inspiration from the other lovely ladies you can hop over to Cathy Proctor's blog. Thanks for stopping by and until next time please take care and may you spend some quality time doing what you love!


10 comments:

  1. Both your cards are simply gorgeous Rosa - I especially love the torn DSP to give the sandy edge ion your first card. Thank you for inspiring us with your Seaside Spray creation tonight x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are just so pretty, Rosa. Beautiful use of Designer Series Papers, and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Rosa. The embossing folder behind the rectangle postage stamps really sets them off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Rosa. Great minds think alike. The DSP just calls for that sand and sea combination - especially with the torn edge!.Love your shells and the special addition of ribbon, thread and the gorgeous Opal Rounds. Your second card is delightful - I love the simplicity of the punched DSP over the Pinewood Planks embossing (like you, I will miss that EF). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 amazing cards, I haven't used my Friends are like seashells bundle yet but this week with so many lovely themes using this bundle I will have to get it out. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are so calm and serene. I love how the torn edge of the DSP looks like a breaking wave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love your first card, Rosa, with the beautiful DSPs and ripped edging. The wood look circle is awesome behind those shells. I may have to think about investing in this bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two really lovely cards, Rosa. I love all of the textures and details in card #1 - the torn paper representing the sand looks great, and I love the look and simplicity of card #2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both very lovely cards Rosa, I love the textures and the interest that you have created in both cards. I didn't get this suite but all these lovely card made with them are making me want it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two very lovely cards but I love the one with the large seashell the best.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...