Wednesday, July 28, 2021

CCH Calypso Coral - Week 9

Hello everyone! This weeks Stampin’ Up! colour for the Colour Creations Blog Hop is Calypso Coral, a sort of orangey-pink found in the Subtles colour family.


I find Calypso Coral to be a bright and happy colour when paired with certain colours and so inspired me to make a card using the Sweet As A Peach bundle and You’re A Peach DSP. The paper really brightens up gloomy cold winter days here in Melbourne especially while it is on sale with 15% off until 2 August!


To the Basic White card stock base I added strips of different DSP patterns and of Calypso Coral and then layered with Vellum card stock that was die cut using a scalloped die from the set Stitched So Sweetly. The vellum was dry embossed with Painted Textures embossing folder just to add a bit of texture.

The peaches have been stamped in Calypso Coral ink and cut with matching dies in this bundle and the leaves in Old Olive ink and die cut. The other layer is the sentiment stamped in VersaMark onto Basic Black and heat embossed with White embossing powder. It was fussy cut and adhered with dimensionals onto another DSP layer that was also partially cut with scalloped die.

I have rubbed Calypso Coral ink onto the Linen thread and tied a double bow and then adhered it with a glue dot. 

Inside the card I’ve stamped more leaves and the smaller peaches along with another sentiment in Calypso Coral and Old Olive inks. I love the font for the greetings in this stamp set.


While I had my mojo going I made a second card very quickly using the same stamp and die bundle and DSP.


Thank you so much for stopping by this week and hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop and find more inspiration from the next participant Michele Taylor

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the full list of participants on Catherine Proctor’s blog.

That’s a wrap for this week and I hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s creations and will be able to join the team next week too. Don’t forget the new mini catalogue begins on 3 August so that will be exciting. 



11 comments:

  1. I like how you used a piece of vellum to soften the design of the paper on your first card, Rosa. The vellum looks like glass, with the dry-embossing! Both of your cards show off Calypso Coral beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosa these cards are just gorgeous! I love the embossed vellum and the hand-coloured twine on your first card and the Calypso Coral Basic Border die peeping out from under the top layer on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, Rosa! I really like the font in the peach stamp set, too. I especially love your second card, the blooms look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are gorgeous Rosa although I do have a slight preference for the second. I love all the layers on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely patterned paper and showcased so delightfully on your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, I love the use of the DSP and the layout of your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosa, I love the embossed vellum - even though it is subtle, it actually adds a wonderful effect to your card. The sentiments embossed in white on the black card adds a lovely dramatic effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards Rosa but my favourite is the first one. Really love how you used all the elements

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards, Rosa. I really love that embossed vellum panel on card 1!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards Rosa, impossible to pick a favourite but I do like the zig zag border against the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your peach card! All the layers and heat embossing make it look fabulous. I imagine it would be a great card to accompany a thnnk you gift etc.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...