Monday, July 5, 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 1




It’s an exciting week ahead as we start the week with a new Art With Heart team Christmas 2021 blog hop showcasing some wonderful Christmas card creations! The blog hop will occur weekly and goes live on Monday nights…so please set aside some time looking through and grabbing ideas while you enjoy a cuppa!

I love Christmas but find the lead up to it can be quite stressful trying to send cards and buy presents. Hoping if I start early with the card making then at least it’s one less headache.

I have made two cards using Tidings of Christmas DSP which is a 6”x6” pack from the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue 2021-22. Along with Cherry Cobbler and Sahara Sand it also includes the new In Colours Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent. I just love the Evening Evergreen, a rich dark green that is perfect for Christmas.

The card base is Evening Evergreen with one DSP layer while another was cut using a zig-zag die from Basic Borders die set. This was adhered top and bottom to the main DSP layer.

For the word ‘Merry’ I first used a Blending Brush and Evening Evergreen ink on Basic White card stock to create an ombré effect. This was adhered to Adhesive Foam sheets and then cut out using the Playful Alphabet die set. 

The word ‘Christmas’ was stamped again in Evening Evergreen ink and from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set and I’ve masked off the word Merry. The sentiment was cut from the Tailor Made Tags die set - my go to dies at the moment! I have attached the tag to the letter Y using Linen thread.

And the inside of the card has been stamped using the leaves and berries from the Poinsettia Petals set.


The second card has the DSP mounted on Evening Evergreen first and then onto a layer of Soft Succulent which has been dry embossed using one of a two embossing folder set from Wintry 3D. I have also used this embossing folder for the large tag too.


As before I have cut the letters from Playful Alphabet and the tag from Tailor Made Tags die sets. This time I have fussy cut the Christmas sentiment. I have also added some In Colour Jewels and Opal Rounds to provide some sparkle.


Here you can see the Wintry 3D embossing closer showing the embossed pine leaves.


And the inside of this card also uses a pine leaf stamp from the Poinsettia Petals set.

Please head on to the next participant for more inspiration if you haven’t already done so, the talented Cathy Proctor.

Next blog

If at any time you find a broken link and the next blog doesn’t come up please head to the blog of this week’s host of the  Heart of Christmas Blog Hop, Sharon Davern, and she will have the list of all who are participating.

Wishing everyone an enjoyable week ahead and keep warm (or cool depending on which hemisphere you reside in).

11 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards, Rosa. The mix of greens is so lovely, and I adore the ombre Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are so stunning Rosa. Love the ombre blending and the way you've mixed the DSPs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such beautiful cards, Rosa! I am in love with how you've used that busy paper on your first card (and the ombre sentiment is divine). The embossed tag on the second card looks so beautiful. Love what you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Rosa showcasing the Christmas Tidings DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards Rosa, the ombre Merry is gorgeous! I love the embossing that is just fantastic and the choice of DSP is so good. I really need to get me the tags as they work so well on your cards! I know what you mean about needing to start the Christmas cards early so I am glad you are participating in our HOC, thanks for being here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both fantastic cards, Rosa, but I adore that ombre effect on the Merry die cuts! Wonderful choice of papers and layouts too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tow lovely cards Rosa but my favourite is the second one and I love how you have used the Wintry EMB. It just goes beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your cards are beautiful, Rosa. I don’t have any of the products you have used to create your cards, and now I’m wanting all of them! I love the combination of those mixed gems too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Rosa! I particularly love the one with the big tag. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are gorgeous Rosa. I love the ombré MERRY on the first card but the embossed tag on the second is super cute so I think it just might be my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two amazing cards and I love the ombre Merry!

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...