Monday, July 12, 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 2



Welcome everyone to Week 2 of the Heart of Christmas and team blog hop. We will be showcasing Christmas cards weekly until Christmas so please join me and the other blog participants for some inspiration.

Tonight I have two cards to show you that use products from the new Stampin’ Up! July-December 2021 mini catalogue. The catalogue will be available from 3rd August with some fabulous Christmas, Halloween and other products including gorgeous and sparkly Designer Specialty Papers.

The DSP I have chosen this week is Penguin Playmates and is a FREE product part of the Sale-a-bration period which also starts at the same time as the new mini catalogue. You can receive your free product if you have met the minimum spend on catalogue products. This is a great time to stock up on essential items as well as new catalogue items.

The card shows some cute winter characters that I have fussy cut from the specialty paper and adhered with dimensionals onto a rectangle layer cut using the Stitched Rectangle dies. 

In the mini catalogue there is also a matching stamp set and penguin builder punch that coordinate with the DSP. This is next on my wish list.

I have used Blending Brushes to blend Misty Moonlight and Fresh Freesia ink colours to create the background on the rectangle layer. The stars have been stamped in Misty Moonlight and are from a new Christmas stamp set called Peaceful Deer.

The panel was adhered to another DSP layer with some Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon and Simply Elegant Silver Trim. This layer was then adhered to a Misty Moonlight card stock and finally the Basic White card.

To finish I have stamped the sentiment from Holly Jolly Wishes stamp set and cut using jagged circle die from Tasteful Labels die set.

The second card has a snowflake background layer in Misty Moonlight that has been dry embossed using the Wintry 3D 2-folder set. I have rubbed White Craft Stampin’ ink over the background to highlight the embossed design.


The snow layer has been cut from the Basic Borders die set using the cloud die. I thought it would be ideal for the fluffy mounds of snow! Again I have fussy cut the winter characters from the same DSP previously and created a fun snowball fight scene. I have cut the snowballs by hand and applied shadow using Light Smoky Slate and Blender pens. 

The Christmas trees in the background are from another upcoming die set called Cloche Dies cut from Just Jade card stock. Lastly the sentiment is also from Holly Jolly Wishes stamped with VersaMark on Basic Black card stock and then heat embossed with White embossing powder.

Inside the card the stamped sentiment and trees are from the Peaceful Deer stamp set with the addition of the very cute fox.

I’ve enjoyed making these cute cards this week but please head on to the next participant for more inspiration if you haven’t already done so, the talented Cathy Proctor.

If at any time you find a broken link and the next blog doesn’t come up please head to the blog of this week’s host of the Heart of Christmas Blog Hop, Tina Gillespie, and she will have the list of all who are participating.

Hope you have a fabulous week ahead…it’s back to work for me after having last week off during school holidays.

10 comments:

  1. Well, these cards are just adorable, Rosa! I love the ink blended background, and the beautiful colours (and the angle of the penguin!) on your first card. Great use of embossing and die-cutting on your second card ... and the shading on the snowballs looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing these sweet creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how cute!!! Both cards are wonderful but I especially love the fluffy snow! Such a great way to use that die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosa your cards make me smile. The colours are playful and the blended background just lovely. I also love the way you have used the cloud die for your snowy playground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo cute I love love love these, I can't wait to used mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosa your cards are so fun - my nieces would love these. Those cloud dies work so well as snow and your fussy cutting is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, well Rosa, these cards are just totally adorable! How cute are those snowballs, I love the sponged edges making them appear more 3D. Your colour blended background is so beautifully done. I love these fun cards - just what Christmas should be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Rosa, what fun cards you have created with this DSP. I love that bear throwing the snowball and those basic border cloud dies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my your cards are just super cute Rosa and such a great way to use the border dies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are soooo adorable Rosa, I love the layout and colours of the first card and your blending background is gorgeous. The dry embossed background is stunning for the second card, love the snow layer using the boarder dies and the snowball fight! I must get this bundle out and start playing with it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are adorable and fun. I am sure they will be well received.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...