Monday, October 25, 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 17




Hello fellow crafters! Welcome to Week 17 of the Heart of Christmas blog hop. Hope everyone is getting some Christmas card inspiration by hopping along the last few months. I look so forward to seeing everyone’s creations each week!


I have another two cards this week using a mix of products from different sets. The first card has a Basic Gray base layered with Smoky Slate card stock and Peaceful Place DSP. The reindeer has been punched using the Deer builder punch.


Close up below of the reindeer punched from Black Glitter specialty paper. The reindeer is adhered with dimensionals to a Wonderful Snowflake foil cut piece with some Black and White Gingham ribbon adhered behind this.

The front sentiment is stamped with Memento Black ink onto Smoky Slate card stock and is from Poinsettia Petals stamp set. I have used the Lovely Labels punch. And some Subtle Glimmer sequins to finish off.


The inside sentiment is from Encircled in Warmth stamp set and stamped in Basic Gray ink. The border is die cut using the zigzag die from Basic Borders set in Smoky Slate and DSP.


For my second card I wanted to show that you can use non-Christmas DSP such as Beauty of the Earth which has various tree images in this set. I have just adhered the DSP layer to Night of Navy card stock base and added the sentiment from my stash. It is from Encircled in Warmth and stamped with VersaMark onto Basic Black card stock and heat embossed with White embossing powder. I die cut using Encircled in Beauty die set which cuts the circle separately to the filigree outer.

As before I have used the Deer builder punch and Black Glitter paper.




The inside sentiment and deer is stamped in Night of Navy ink.


Please head on to the next participant for more inspiration if you haven’t already done so, the very talented Andrea Sargent


If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of this week’s host of The Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop, Sharon Davern and she will have the list of all those participating.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have enjoyed everyone’s lovely creations tonight. Take care and enjoy your week xx

8 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards, Rosa! I love the muted greys, and the inclusion of the black and white gingham ribbon, on your first card. I love even more the paper you used for the background on your second card. The contrast between the blue and black really shows off the glimmery reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh both your cards are so elegant with their restrained colour palettes, Rosa. I love your glimmery reindeers, especially the one sitting on top if the black and white gingham ribbon and the snowflake embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Rosa! I really like the look of the deer punched in the black glimmer paper. You have made them look really festive with your great embellishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The glittery deer look amazing on both of your gorgeous cards. I think the blue card is my favourite, although it's a close race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Rosa but my favourite is the black and white one and I love what you have done with the gingham ribbon and snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sparkly black reindeer are fabulous Rosa. I would never have thought to use that glitter paper with the deer punch. I love the addition of the black and white gingham ribbon on the first card but they are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both gorgeous cards, Rosa, but I love the second one with the non-Christmas DSP. The blue printed images on that paper are stunning behind your lovely deer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards Rosa. Card 1 has a lovely country feel and look to it with the gorgeous gingham going on. Card 2 has that lovely soft blue background and then those cute and sparkly reindeer’s.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...