Wednesday, January 19, 2022

CCBH Old Olive - Week 32

 

Hi everyone and thanks for joining another week of the Colour Creations blog hop where we showcase a different Stampin’ Up! colour each week and for tonight it is Old Olive.

For my card base I have used Old Olive card stock layered with a panel that has been run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with the Stitched Greenery die resulting in a beautifully stitched panel of leaves.


I have used a circle die cut from the Layering Circles die set that was stamped using a ‘splatter’ stamp in Old Olive ink. This stamp can be found in the new Lucky You stamp set.
This stamp makes ‘splattering’ easier for me as I don’t seem to have the right touch when doing it freehand lol. The circle layer was then dry embossed with the Timeworn Type EF.

I have used greenery die cut from the Plentiful Plants die set and Beauty of the Earth DSP which has Old Olive tones in the patterned paper. The pot plant has been die cut from the In Good Taste DSP.


The sentiment from the Biggest Wish stamp set is stamped in Old Olive ink. I have fussy cut the word and adhered with dimensionals and then added a bow using Linen Thread. And one last thing I have added is another new item Faux Sea Glass shapes. You can just see them on the top right of the photo above. I just love the look of these and had to use it in a card.

The greeting on the inside is from the Dahlia Days stamp set from the new mini catalogue. 




Hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop where you can find more inspiration from the next participant, the very talented Christine Blain


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the full list of participants on Cathy Proctor’s blog.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your week ahead!

6 comments:

  1. Rosa, that stitched greenery background looks amazing and so does the plant and pot both cut from DSD. I just love the bow of linen thread as the finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Rosa, I love your feature piece set off to the right showcasing that gorgeous Stitched Greenery background. The plants die cut in DSP is an amazing choice and the little sea glass shapes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Rosa! The Stitched Greenery background, faux sea glass, plants cut from DSP, and that awesome plant pot ... all just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous Rosa, love the use of the dies and the embossing folders in your card! The Stitched Greenery is a great background for this card and I just love the white embossed circle that is fast becoming a favourite embossing folder of mine and that pot is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card Rosa and I really like how you have used the DSP for the plant in the pot. Perfect choice of the embossing folder too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card, Rosa. Lots of texture, and I love the DSP foliage - such a creative idea. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...