Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Colour Creations - Blackberry Bliss Week 9



Hi everyone and a warm welcome to the Colour Creations blog hop tonight. Our featured Stampin’ Up! colour is Blackberry Bliss from the Regals colour family.

My cards tonight feature the Splendid Thoughts stamp and die bundle and coordinating Splendid Day DSP. I love my DSP but even more so if it has shiny foil or gold in it!


I’ve stamped the leafy outline and solid part onto Basic White card stock with my Stamparatus to sort of align the images. Note, they are not meant to perfectly align! So if you are a perfectionist it’s ok to show artistic licence here lol.


I die cut the stamped image using the Stitched Rectangles die and adhered it to another die cut rectangle from Blackberry Bliss card stock. Before putting the elements together I adhered some Soft Sea Foam Seam binding ribbon to the coordinating DSP  also in Soft Sea Foam and has a glossy texture. This is difficult to see in the photos.


I die cut various leafy elements with Basic White, Blackberry Bliss and Soft Sea Foam card stock. I cut another piece of the Seam binding ribbon in half and tied a double bow. 

These were all adhered behind the greeting die cut circle. The sentiment is from the Splendid Thoughts stamp set. I also added some Rustic Metallic adhesive backed dots to finish the card.


I have stuck to the same colours in my second card and just die cut the different leafy elements. This set also contains a bowl-shaped die that can be used as a pot to hold the leafy bits. The DSP I have used for the pot is from the new Sale-a-bration catalogue available from 1 July 2022. The 6”x6” pack has silver or gold stripes or dots pattern which I think will be great for Christmas and non-Christmas projects.


The sentiment is from the Happiness Abounds stamp set in the Annual catalogue. This is stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink and die cut with a label die from the Splendid Stems die set. The scalloped border to create a ledge for the pot is from the Basic Borders die set. I hope you have enjoyed my projects tonight.


Hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop where you can find more Blackberry Bliss inspiration from the next participant and our blog host Cathy Proctor.


Have a fabulous week ahead and stay warm if you’re in Australia. Brrrr it’s cold out there!



7 comments:

  1. What an unexpected, and beautiful, colour combination, Rosa! The colours, and the gorgeous sheen of the paper, make for really elegant cards. I especially love the first one, with the addition of die cuts and ribbon. The scalloped "shelf", and the overall composition, looks great on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour combo! What a gorgeous ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, I love Blackberry Bliss with Soft Sea Foam! Beautiful! Rachel Woollard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I agree with the others - what a fabulous colour combo! Your cards are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an unexpected colour combination, Rosa, but you've pulled it off so well! I love the way you've used the scalloped border to create a ledge for the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Rosa, I bet they look even better IRL with that beautiful foiled DSP. I'm with you, I love foiled papers too! I love your first card with the gorgeous ribbon and stamped images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well soft sea foam goes so well with Blackberry Bliss, I bet it looks so gorgeous in real life with that gorgeous foil paper! Love all the detail in both the cards. 2 beautiful card Rosa they are simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...