Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Colour Creations - Bermuda Bay Week 8



Welcome to Week 8 of the 2022-23 Colour Creations weekly blog hop. The star tonight is Bermuda Bay - a lovely bright summery blue.

It was my husband’s birthday this week which was the perfect occasion to make a masculine card using a few new products from the upcoming Stampin’ Up! July-December mini catalogue as well as a peek at a Sale-a-bration product. I’m getting really excited about some of the lovely and cute stamp sets and papers in the mini catalogue.


There are actually two DSP packs used tonight. The super cute Storybook Gnomes from the mini catalogue and Rings of Love from the Sale-a-bration catalogue beginning 1 July.

Before adhering the different elements to the Basic White mat I used blending brushes with Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede inks to add some depth in the background.


The  super cute gnome and tree panel were cut from the Storybook Gnomes DSP and the saw-cut log can be found in the Rings of Love  DSP Sale-a-bration item - a FREE product you can get with a minimum spend.


I have used the Basic Borders dies with Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay card stock that coordinate with the colours in the DSP to create the zig-zag trim.

The sentiment stamped with Bermuda Bay ink onto Basic White card stock is from the Good Feelings stamp set. I have applied some ink lightly with a blending brush too.


Hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop where you can find more Bermuda Bay inspiration from the next participant the very talented Kate Morgan

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the full list of participants on Cathy Proctor’s blog.



8 comments:

  1. Such a great colour combination, for a masculine card - and you've hit it out of the park, Rosa. Love those papers, and how you've used them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that gnome is super cute, and I love the background that you've given him. The trees were a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gnome is sooo cute Rosa,,, you've combined the two different DSP perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sure you husband will be delighted with his card. You have so cleverly combined the DSPs and colour combo to form a great masculine card with such a cute little gnome. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My two favourite mini and sale-a-ration products in one card! And my favourite piece of DSP (love those trees)! I really like how you used the border dies in the background. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the gnome, Rose your card is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I really love this Rosa so much I was resisting both these products but I now have to seriously resist the gnome and the trees. Your card is gorgeous and I love your colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a super cute card for your husbands birthday Rosa. I am sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...