Monday, July 4, 2022

Heart of Christmas 2022 - Week 1

Hi everyone! This week we begin the Heart of Christmas blog hop for 2022 where members of the Art With Heart team of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators will showcase ideas for Christmas cards. I love joining in as I get a head start on my Christmas cards and have less stress later on when the craziness begins! Not to mention the amazing creations from the other team members that will inspire you too.

My card tonight features DSP from Sweetest Christmas and Santa’s Express sets and where I have stuck to the traditional Christmas colours found in these papers.

A DSP mat was adhered to the Basic White card base. I die cut the rectangle frame from the Fabulous Frames die set using Real Red card stock. This was adhered to the ‘Ho Ho Ho’ DSP and together they were adhered with dimensionals onto the DSP layer. Just make sure you don’t stick it down the wrong way as I nearly did with the words reading ‘OH OH OH’! I thought it would have been a totally different card if I had.


The candy canes were fussy cut from the Sweetest Christmas DSP. The die set in this suite also has matching dies to do this but I haven’t ordered these as yet.

The greenery was die cut from Shaded Spruce card stock using the Splendid Stems die set and which reminded me a bit like Holly leaves. The leaves were adhered behind the candy canes and to the front I adhered a bow using Real Red ribbon.


The sentiment is from the returning stamp set Peaceful Deer available in the Annual catalogue and was stamped with Real Red ink onto Basic White card stock. I used the banner die from the Stylish Shapes die set.

Please head on to the next participant for more Christmas inspiration if you haven’t already done so, the very talented Rachel Woollard.

If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of our host, Sharon Davern and she will have the list of all those participating.

Hope you have a marvellous week ahead. Take care xx

11 comments:

  1. OH OH OH what a belly laugh you gave me, Rosa! That big elegant red bow makes such a statement and I love your candy canes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I had to laugh, too! Your card is super cute! I love the crossed candy canes, and the red bow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Rosa ... and thanks for the laugh! The cluster of Christmassy elements on your card front is really lovely, and I love the papers you used. Nice fussy cutting, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great catch on the DSP Rosa. Lovely card, the candy canes look great with that DSP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh oh oh, you made me LOL, that would be something I'd do! Jokes aside, I love your card and those candy canes look fantastic. I've been trying to resist that bundle, but you're making it hard. Your fussy cutting is perfect by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha glad you realised to make your card Ho ho ho rather than Oh oh oh! I do love how you have used products from 2 completely different suites but married them together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rosa your card is fabulous but......I now have Single Ladies playing on repeat in my head......"If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it.
    Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, o-ohh."

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH OH OH that would be something I would do! LOL I love the detail and the layering that you have on your card it is really lovely! Gorgeous card Rosa!, Thank you for participating in the Heart of Christmas and getting us off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh oh oh, that is something I would totally do (and have done!) but jokes aside, I love this colour combination so so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous fun and festive card, Rosa. I love the bright red frame and beautiful bow. Every element goes perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Caroline ManwaringJuly 18, 2022 at 10:04 PM

    Oops, forgot to add my name to the above comment.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...