Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Colour Creations Crushed Curry - Week 16

Hi and welcome to Week 12 of the Colour Creations blog hop where members of the Art With Heart Stampin’ Up! demonstrators showcase a new colour every Wednesday. Tonight’s colour is Crushed Curry.

I rarely use this colour but as there are quite a few DSP in the July - December Mini and Sale-a-bration catalogues that contain Crushed Curry then I couldn’t pass the opportunity to use it this week. That’s probably why I made three cards!

The first card is 5” x 5” inch square Basic White card base with a Night of Navy mat to which I have adhered a layer of Rustic Harvest DSP that has Crushed Curry in it.

The DSP frame is die cut using the Fabulous Frames die set from the Rings of Love DSP. This is a Sale-a-bration item that you can receive FREE with a qualifying purchase. I have also fussy cut the two little birds from the same DSP. When die cutting this particular frame you end up with two pieces. So I have used the inner DSP panel in my second card and replaced it with the dotty Gold foil DSP here. This is another Sale-a-bration item you can receive for free.


The sentiment is stamped with VersaMark onto Night of Navy card stock and heat embossed with White embossing powder. It is from the Celebrating You stamp set. A versatile set that has sentiments for several occasions. 

The embossed sentiment is adhered to another die cut piece using the Fabulous Frames die set. A piece of Linen thread has been tied to the small frame and adhered behind the mat. I have adhered the little birds and added some In Colour Matte decorative dots.


In my second card I have used Crushed Curry card base layered with a Basic White mat and Rustic Harvest DSP black and white layer. As in my first card the frame and inner DSP are assembled but before adhering to the mat layer I tied ribbon (retired Misty Moonlight that was available in the Jan-June mini catty).


I adhered a double bow of Linen thread and ribbon. The sentiment from Flowering Tulips stamp set is stamped in Crushed Curry ink on Basic White card stock. It has been die cut using the oval shape from the All That die set.


Onto my third card which is quite simple with only the sentiment stamped in Crushed Curry. In Australia we have Father’s Day coming up on the first Sunday in September and so I decided to start one card early.

This one is also from the Celebrating You stamp set and I cut it into single words. With some bits of the spotty Gold foil DSP that was laying around I adhered it behind a sheet of the Lovely Layers vellum. The Gold foil piece was shorter than the vellum layer but I covered the join with the vintage car cutout found in the He’s The Man DSP.


To finish the card I adhered some Rustic Metallic adhesive-backed dots to the wheels.


Hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop where you can find more Crushed Curry inspiration from the next participant, who is also our lovely host, the very talented Cathy Proctor.


Take care everyone and enjoy your week ahead!

8 comments:

  1. What a great assortment of cards, Rosa. I love your use of the spotty Sale-a-bration DSP, especially in the third card when you've layered the velum over the top. The use of the frames dies in the first two cards is so elegant too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great assortment of cards, Rosa ... you've shown off the different papers beautifully. I particularly love how you've used Crushed Curry and Night of Navy together on your first card - and that DSP is gorgeous (as are the fussy-cut birds)! I also love the vellum panel on the car card - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three fabulous cards, Rosa! I really can't pick a favourite, but those fussy cut birds are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful set of 3 lovely cards Rosa. Your combination of different DSPs is delightful. I do love your DSP frame and the fussy cut birds on your first card and the way you used the inner rectangle from the frame - turning it over to the other side - for the second card. So many beautiful features on your cards. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rosa, you have been super busy this week. All of these three cards are wonderful. I love that vellum overlay on your Father's Day card. That bird pattern is so sweet in the frame and the square card has a wonderful rustic edging on the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Busy, busy Rosa!! Great cards! I especially LOVE both DSP’s in the 2nd card. The Black & White AND the birds are gorgeous, making a really striking card!
    Kathryn R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are a great example of what can be done with DSP. I vote birds as my no. #1 pick this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three fabulous cards Rosa. The second is my favourite although I do love those fussy cut birds on card number one.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...