Monday, August 15, 2022

Heart of Christmas 2022 - Week 7



Hi fellow crafters! Welcome to this weeks Heart of Christmas blog hop. I’m hopping along with fellow stampers on the Art With Heart team to showcase some wonderful Christmas projects every week until end of November. We’re into Week 7!

I’m easing back in after my daughter recently  broke her foot and then I had a respiratory virus last week. I kept saying to the family…you know I must be sick if I don’t have the energy to craft! So I’m feeling much better and have more energy to get some craft projects completed.

This weeks card uses the Boughs of Holly DSP. As I don’t have the coordinating stamp and die bundle and use Holly and berry images I decided to fussy cut the poinsettia flowers from the DSP itself and arrange as a wreath on my card. The card measures 5” x 5” inches square.



The Basic White mat has been dry embossed using the Brick 3D embossing folder and adhered to the Basic White card base.


After arranging the poinsettia flowers in a wreath I added the Festive Pearls to the centres of the large flowers. 

The sentiment from the Brightest Glow stamp set is stamped in Real Red ink and die cut with a label die using the Sending die set. A double bow tied using the Evening Evergreen Windowpane Check ribbon has been adhered with a glue dot.


For the inside of the card I stamped another sentiment from the same stamp set in Real Red ink. A small strip of Boughs of Holly DSP was adhered at the bottom together with a poinsettia flower off cut which I’ve added to the edge as it wasn’t the full flower. I try not to waste if I can!




Please head on to the next participant for more Christmas inspiration the very talented 

If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of our host, Sharon Davern and she will have the list of all those participating.

Hope you have a marvellous week ahead.


11 comments:

  1. Rosa, this is divine! I love how you created a wreath with fussy-cut poinsettias; it's gorgeous. I've not known what to do with that ribbon, but it is perfect for your wreath. So glad you're feeling better. You have made a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, all this fussy cutting! Rosa, what an incredible effort you have made for this beautiful card, especially considering the illness in your family, I hope you are all better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! This is GORGEOUS! Your poinsettia wreath looks AMAZING! I love it so much! I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Rosa I love your traditional style Christmas card. All that fussy cutting, OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a beautiful, beautiful card Rosa. I love your poinsettia wreath over the 3D Brick embossed panel. All that fussy cutting has certainly paid off - your wreath is perfect. Love your card inner as well. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfectly beautiful card Rosa! Great work on the fussy cutting - that DSP is so gorgeous! I really love that you have used the brick embossing folder on white, and then matched it perfectly with a similar grid pattern on the ribbon - to me, that is a stroke of genius. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card Rosa and your fussy cutting has paid off! I love, love , love your card so much! Love the white brick layer that you have put your poinsettia wreath on and it just looks life like! It is perfect! Gorgeous card Rosa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear that you are starting to feel better Rosa and what a way to get back into crafting. All that fussy cutting! And the choice of the Brick embossing folder is perfect. Looks just like a wreath hanging on a wall. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are feeling better Rosa and glad you found the time and energy to create this absolutely stunning card. The addition of the brick embossed panel is very clever. And, then there is the fussy cutting!!! Madness I say!!! Your skill and patience is to be truly admired.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow, wow, Rosa. What a fabulous wreath and you must have amazing patience to fussy cut all of those gorgeous poinsettias, but the end result is so worth it, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning Rosa! So gorgeous! I love square cards and your fussy cutting from the DSP is perfect! Fabulous choice of EF too - I just love this card! Caroline.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...