Monday, September 11, 2023

Heart of Christmas 2023 - Week 6

 

Hello fellow stampers! Welcome to week 6 of the Heart of Christmas Stampin’ Up! blog hop for 2023! Each week until 27 November the Art With Heart team will showcase Christmas cards and projects to inspire you to create your own.

For my card this week I have used several die sets with minimal stamping to build the fireplace scene with Christmas stockings hanging below the wreath on the fireplace mantle. I have used the Saint Nicholas die set to cut out the following little pieces:
  • stockings (Garden Green card stock)
  • fireplace frame (wood-like Joy of Christmas DSP)
  • logs (Early Espresso card stock) 
  • fireplace mantle (Smoky Slate card stock).
The Joy of Noel die set was used to die cut the pine foliage from Garden Green card stock.


Once all the pieces were die cut I assembled my card. To my Basic White card base I  adhered a die cut Deckled Rectangle in Basic White card stock to the pine needles DSP layer from A Walk in the Forest


The fireplace itself is die cut using the square shape from Stylish Shapes die set and has been dry embossed with the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder. I have added some Festive Pearls coloured with Dark Real Red Stampin’ Blends marker to each stocking.

I really love the font in the sentiment which was stamped with Real Red ink and is from the Stars at Night stamp set. I also stamped some foliage in Garden Green from the Joy of Noel stamp set. The DSP banners have been die cut from the Joy of Christmas DSP using the He’s all That die set. Even the sentiment circle was die cut using the same set.


Please head on to the next participant for more Christmas inspiration the lovely and very talented Cathy Proctor.

If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of our host, the lovely Sharon Davern and she will have the list of all those participating.

Don’t forget to check back next week for more Christmas projects. Hope you have a fabulous week ahead!

8 comments:

  1. Your Christmas fireplace scene is delightful, and very creative, Rosa. I love that you embossed the square with the Painted Texture embossing folder. The sentiment label is especially beautiful. I just love all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very minimalist, but stunning fireplace. I love the way you’ve used these dies Rosa. Great choice of sentiment and the banner behind really sets it off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you are so clever Rosa to bring the range of products together for a delightful fireplace scene with christmas stockings. I love the special touches including the embossed “wall” behind the fireplace; the coloured pearls to hang the stockings and the gorgeous sentiment & label. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosa, those little stockings are so adorable - I nearly bought this bundle just for those stockings. I love the cosy Christmas scene you've created here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute fireside scene that you have created Rosa. Those little stocking a very cute and those red festive pearls create perfect hangers for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative, Rosa. Those little stockings hanging on the mantle are adorable, especially with the festive pearls! Such a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous and creative little fireplace scene, Rosa. I love those very cute stockings hung from the mantlepiece. A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosa your card is so sweet and so clever. Those darling little stockings are gorgeous. I love all the small details and texture you have added.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Peach Pie - Week 1

Hello fellow crafters! Welcome to the first day of the new Stampin’ Up! Annual catalogue 2024-25! I am participating in the Colour Creations...