Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Colour Creations - Granny Apple Green Week 27



Hi fellow crafters! Welcome to this week’s 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampin’ Up! demonstrators showcase a new colour every Wednesday. This week’s colour is Granny Apple Green and it is part of the Brights colour family.

I’ve been missing the weekly team colour challenges lately but working on my Christmas cards I managed to come up with a project that was perfect for this week! Yay! And feeling super organised as I’ve managed two cards lol!


I started with the Granny Apple Green Foil sheet (also comes in Melon Mambo) cut to 10cm x 14.4cm and run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine using the Christmas Tidings embossing folder. The embossed effect looks amazing using foil!

I strategically cut the panel in two pieces as I thought one piece was probably a bit too much foil/bling. This way I also managed to create two cards.


The first card is a split panel card where the centre panel joins the two outer panel fronts. I’ve made the two outer panels 5cm in height.


I have used Granny Apple Green and Shaded Spruce card stock in the layers. The patterned paper is the Merry Bold & Bright DSP. As described the colours are bright and bold patterns.


I have adhered a Deckled Rectangle layer to the base and the greeting from Merry Wishes is stamped using Granny Apple Green ink.


The second card is a simple fancy fold where the measurements of the flap was guided by the size of my foil panel. So the smaller panel was scored at approximately 5cm. Then approximately 19.8cm.

I’ve used Granny Apple Green card stock for the mat layer.


I didn’t want the inside of my card to be bare so I adhered a few more DSP panels. The larger panel allows for a gift card to be inserted.



Hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop where you can find more Blueberry Bushel inspiration from the very talented Christine Blain.


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the full list of participants on Cathy Proctor’s blog.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Rosa, the Christmas Tidings embossed GAG foil certainly does look amazing! I love the embossed effect you've achieved and the fun fancy fold too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embossed foil looks AMAZING, Rosa! Such cheery and fun Christmas cards. I love the big sentiments stamped inside, and really like the gift card holder included in your second card - a clever touch. You have showcased Granny Apple Green beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic look the foil gives Rosa, the cards are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two bright and luscious cards Rosa. It is wonderful you are joking us and. creating for Christmas as well. Embossed foil always looks luscious and I am sure IRL the foil looks stunning. I love both card folds - both so beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That embossed foil looks amazing, Rosa. Great card designs to showcase the Merry Bold & Bright papers!

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...