Monday, November 13, 2023

Heart of Christmas 2023 - Week 15


Hello and welcome to our third last Heart of Christmas Stampin’ Up! blog hop for 2023! Each week until 27 November the Art With Heart team will showcase Christmas cards and projects to inspire you to create your own.

I have made two cards using the Gift of Giving stamp set and the Merry Bold and Bright DSP. I stamped the image of Santa holding the tower of presents In Memento Black in and used Stampin’ Blend colours in L&D Poppy Parade and Shaded Spruce. I love that there appears to be more than 2 colours used but using light and dark blending pens and leaving some bits white the image is not entirely plain.

For my first card I’ve used Basic White card stock base. A layer of the Joyful Specialty DSP was adhered to Shaded Spruce card stock. I wrapped the Gold ribbon trim twice around this layer.

I’ve used a smaller scalloped die from the Scalloped Contours die set to die cut the image.


To finish off I adhered a double gold bow with a glue dot and some gold Adhesive-backed Neutral sequins .


For my second card I have used Poppy Parade card stock base and adhered a DSP layer to the front. 


I created a pillar with DSP adhered to three sides which was then adhered to the bottom front of this card.


A deckled circle was die cut from Shaded Spruce card stock and the image adhered to this circle. This was then adhered to the front pillar. I then finished off the card with the Silver and White sheer ribbon. This beautiful ribbon just adds that bit of sparkle.



Please head on to the next participant for more Christmas inspiration the lovely and very talented Judy May.

If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of our host, the lovely Sharon Davern and she will have the list of all those participating.

Don’t forget to check back over the last two weeks for more Christmas projects. Hope you have a fabulous week ahead!




6 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are gorgeous Rosa, the green background on the first one is very striking and the pop up piece on the second card is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, using the two tones of the same coloured Stampin' Blends really makes it look like you have used more colours. I love how you've coloured the images, Rosa. Two very different looks with your cards, and I really like them both. The Shaded Spruce and gold card looks more formal and elegant, and the colourful papers and special addition to the front of your other card gives a playful, whimsical look. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your perfectly coloured jolly ole' Santas Rosie. I have struggled to use that green foiled paper but it is actually the perfect backdrop for your Santa focal panel. The gorgeous double gold bow finishes the card off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do like a pop of bright colour for Christmas, and these are just that, Rosa. Using L&D Blends sepertely is a great idea for that difference in tone. The way you wrapped that gold ribbon on card one, reminded me of a present! Card 2 has the perfect Christmas lights DSP in the background and Santa delivering the gifts in front. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the oh so bright colours of the Santas and they just pop with the bright Designer Series Papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bright fun cards, Rosa. And your Santa bearing a tower of presents is beautifully coloured. Both card bases work so well with this big, bold stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...