Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Colour Creations - Orchid Oasis Week 37


Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampin’ Up! demonstrators showcase a new colour every Wednesday. This week’s colour is Orchid Oasis, a purple-bluey colour.

I was keen to use the Hot Air Bslloon stamp and die bundle this week, a new product from the January - April mini catalogue. I took further inspiration from two DSP packs - the Meandering Meadow (an online exclusive) and Perennial Lavender (mini catalogue).



I’ve created two cards using the very cute hot air balloons floating in the sky.


In my first card I dry embossed the Basic White mat with the Timeworn Type embossing folder. The balloon elements and clouds were die cut using the Hot Air Ballon die set. The patterned balloon using Perennial Lavender DSP in addition to Crumb Cake card stock, 2022-24 In Colour Orchid Oasis Textured specialty paper and card stock for the baskets.


The sentiment from the coordinating stamp set is stamped using Orchid Oasis ink onto Crumb Cake card stock. I have snipped the ends of the sentiment. The checked DSP is from Perennial Lavender DSP and I’ve die cut a hole and tied some Gold Faux leather trim.



For my second card I have adhered a layer of Meandering Meadow DSP that’s full of clouds with touches of Orchid Oasis. The two balloons were die cut from a watercolour wash using Orchid Oasis ink on Fluid 100 Watercolor paper.


The balloon decorations and rope basket were die cut from card stock.


The card inner




Hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop where you can find more Orchid Oasis inspiration from the very talented Rachel Woollard.


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the full list of participants on Cathy Proctor’s blog. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you enjoy the rest of your week. Happy crafting!
 

5 comments:

  1. I love your use of the Perennial Lavender DSP for one of the hot air balloons on your first card, Rosa. The embossed white background looks great, as does your use of the shimmery Orchid Oasis paper that I always forget to use! On your second card, that dramatic DSP forms a great cloudy background for your lovely balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Rosa! I nearly used that Meandering Meadow DSP too as I love that pattern. Your balloon cards are delightfully dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards Rosa, the Perennial Lavender DSP looks beautiful with the hot air balloons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute Rosa. I love your 2 hot air balloon cards. Your use of the Meandering Meadows clouds with the Orchid Oasis balloons is beautiful. I also love your use of the Perennial Lavender colour combo and some of the DSP. Gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The white embossed background looks great, Rosa, and I love how you then added the blue clouds and the use of the Lavender paper for a balloon. The way you've added the faux leather trim below the sentiment is great too. The clever use of the reverse side of the Meandering Meadows DSP is so clever.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...