Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46



Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampin’ Up! demonstrators showcase a new colour every Wednesday. This week’s colour is Smoky Slate, the softest gray in the Stampin’ Up! Neutrals colour family. 


This week I’ve (slightly) stepped out of my comfort zone and created a card with blending, sponging and splatters! To begin with I dry embossed Smoky Slate card stock using the Layered Florals 3D embossing folder.


After embossing the Smoky Slate layer I gently rubbed the Whisper White ink pad over the raised floral pattern. Next I added my splatters or should I say I practiced a few splatters on my paper pad using Berry Burst Stampin’ Blends and flicking the pen against the lid. As it’s my first go at flicking ink I was being very cautious and trying not to flood the paper .



The lovely white paper butterflies were inked with a water painter brush and Smoky Slate, Moody Mauve and Berry Burst inks. And then I added more splatters to the butterflies too! I guess I got a bit excited with this technique.

Working on my layers I die cut leafy elements using the Notes of Nature and Thoughtful Expressions die sets and Basic White, Moody Mauve and Berry Burst card stock. The sentiment from the Thoughtful Expressions stamp set has been stamped with VersaMark and White embossing powder. 



Before adhering the sentiment to the card base I adhered the Silver and White Sheer ribbon. To finish off my card I adhered silver Neutral adhesive sequins and silver Festive pearls, both to be retiring soon,

On the card inner I adhered the sentiment onto Berry Burst die cut labels using dies from the Thoughtful Expressions die set. The sentiment is from the coordinating stamp set and stamped in Berry Burst and the floral sprig in Smoky Slate inks.


Hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop where you can find more Smoky Slate inspiration from the very talented Kate Morgan.



If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the full list of participants on Cathy Proctor blog. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your week along with the Easter holidays. Happy crafting!

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful textural card Rosa, I love all of the layers. Your use of Moody Mauve and Berry Burst set off SS perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how beautiful! The inked and embossed background looks amazing, and the coloured butterflies are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moody Mauve, Berry Burst and Smoky Slate are a stunning colour combination , Rosa. Your Smoky Slate inked and embossed card base almost looks like Crumb Cake in your photos. Amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the embossing folder Rosa, it has set the tone for a really beautiful card .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go you, pushing yourself outside your comfort zone! Look out - you'll be splattering everything in sight now. LOL. You have chosen a really beautiful colour combination for this gorgeous card, Rosa. I love all the details, and (as always) the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosa, this is beautiful and I don't think you went over the top with the flicking of splatters. Love all the layers, those gorgeous butterflies and the embellishments too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Rosa to show someone you are thinking of them. Your splattering is great - I do love a bit of splattering. The gentle colouring of your embossed panel and the butterfly is gorgeous and created a delightful card. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...