Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Colour Creations Boho Blue - Week 13



Hello fellow crafters! Welcome to the Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampin’ Up! demonstrators showcase a new colour every Wednesday. This week the featured colour is Boho Blue and one of the 2023-25 In Colours.


I love this blue as it is a darker hue than Balmy Blue yet still a ‘softer’ colour and not as bold as some of the other blues. I have made two cards for this weeks blog hop.



The first card created is a slimline card featuring the Mediterranean Blooms DSP. This DSP has images of oranges or lemons on one side and the other side with blue-toned patterns reminiscent of Mediterranean tiles which has influenced my card design tonight.



I have die cut several DSP ‘tiles’ with the square Stylish Shapes die and then mounted onto Boho Blue card stock. These were adhered to a Basic White mat with dimensionals and then to the card base. The blue and white patterned tiles were decorated with fussy cut lemon branches.



The sentiment stamped with Boho Blue ink is from the So Sincere stamp set and die cut with a label die from the Unbounded Love die set. I have finished off my card with Misty Moonlight Adhesive-backed Pearl Trio embellishments.


For my second card, a DSP layer was adhered to the Boho Bluef card base. The arch was die cut using the Garden Meadows die set and adhered with dimensionals to provide a 3D layer. I could also tuck a lemon branch fussy cut from the edge of the DSP so as not to waste any images! I also applied Boho Blue ink with a Blending Brush to the arch layer for a softer effect.



The sentiment stamped with Boho Blue ink is also from the So Sincere stamp set. I have die cut the sentiment and some Boho Blue card stock using the small scalloped die from the Unbounded Love die set. This die cuts two pieces allowing you to mix colours for the frame.

I adhered some sponged white Diagonal Trim Combo Pack behind the sentiment.


Hope you enjoy the remaining blog hop where you can find more Boho Blue inspiration from the very talented Di Furniss.


If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the full list of participants on Cathy Proctor blog. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your week and happy crafting.

6 comments:

  1. Two stunning Mediterranean inspired cards Rosa, both layouts are perfect with your tiles and arches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful cards, Rosa. I love the addition of the fussy-cut pieces, and your use of Boho Blue for the sentiments. My stand-out favourite is the first card, and the gorgeous "tiles" you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stunning cards, Rosa. I love the layout of the three tiles on your first card and the clever use of the he arch from the Garden Meadows die set in the second card - it works so well with this suite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both fantastic cards, Rosa, but I love the slimline card with the 3 tiles and the lemons at either end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous Mediterranean cards to feature Boho Blue. Like the others before me have said I prefer the first card, I think because of the tiled effect and the white space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards Rosa. I love them both. Your slimline card with the 3 mounted tiles and fussy cut lemons is a wonderful layout and works brilliantly. Your use of the Garden Meadows arch with the DSP behind and the lemons on top is also beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Heart of Christmas 2024 - Week 6

Hello fellow stampers! Welcome back to this week’s  Heart of Christmas   S tampin’ Up! blog hop. Each week until 25 November 2024 the Art Wi...