Monday, November 15, 2021

Heart of Christmas - Week 20


Hello fellow stampers! Wow we seem to be racing through November and I’m so glad I’ve started my cards early!

This weeks bundle that I have used is the Whimsical Trees stamp and die set. Very little DSP and more stamping from this set. The DSP that you see is from the main catalogue, the Tidings of Christmas.


Card 1

Non-traditional colour here….Fresh Freesia which goes very nicely with the Silver Simply elegant trim (MC) and the iridescent Wonderful snowflakes. The greeting is from Holly Jolly Wishes and partly masked and stamped with some 2021-23 In Colours jewels added.

A closeup of the pretty snowflakes.

Card 2

I have layered the DSP with Evening Evergreen card stock and then an embossed Basic White panel using the Wintry 3D EF. The Gold Shimmer ribbon was adhered onto the card layers.

Next layer are the Christmas trees 🎄. The tallest was die cut using the DSP decorated with some Gold foil garland. I’ve adhered the garland by adding an adhesive sheet to the foil before die cutting. The middle height tree has been stamped in Just Jade ink and the baubles in VersaMark and then heat embossed with Gold embossing powder and the same for the littlest tree. 

Each has been decorated with (of course) a gold star! The greeting on Evening Evergreen is also heat embossed with gold powder and then fussy cut. Oh and I added in some Wonderful Snowflakes pieces I had lying around from a previous project.


Card 3

The trees have been die cut using the same DSP and one adhered flat and the other raised on dimensionals. For the stars, die cut using the Wise Men Tidings die set, I thought I would sneak in the Be Dazzling DSP retired from the recent Sale-a-bration catalogue as I hadn’t used it and wanted a sparkly star.

A close up showing the gold embossed greeting mounted on the brushed metallic gold card stock. I have also tied some Linen thread around the layers.

Hope you have enjoyed the cards this week! Please head on to the next participant for more inspiration if you haven’t already done so, the very talented Theresa Gerrard.


If at any time you find a broken link please head to the blog of this week’s host of The Heart Of Christmas Blog Hop, Tina Gillespie and she will have the list of all those participating.

Thanks for stopping and take care and enjoy your week xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas cards Rosa, very original ideas with this bundle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really showcasing the versatilty of this bundle, Rosa. They are all lovely cards, but I am really drawn to the one with the dsp down each side, which really compliments the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so different, and so beautiful, Rosa! I love the look of Fresh Freesia with silver ... nice choice. Those trees look so pretty atop the snowflakes. Your second card, with the rich greens and gold embellishments, is very elegant. Lots of lovely details to draw in the eye. You have showcased the papers beautifully on your third card. I really like how the brushed gold elements complement the Sahara Sand paper. Lovely job with this versatile bundle of products. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosa these are all fantastic but I think my fave has to be the very modern combination of the Fresh Freesia and the silver. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three very lovely and different cards Rosa that showcase the versatility of the suite. I particularly like the way you have diecut your trees for card 3 from patterned DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three really lovely cards, Rosa. I’ve not long had my Whimsical Trees stamp set and coordinating dies, now I’m very keen to get stamping after seeing your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...