Monday, February 14, 2022

Valentine’s Day card with Abstract Beauty

Hi everyone! Just popping in to say a Happy Valentines Day to all with a card ❤️. It’s a fairly easily put together type of card as I have used Stampin’ Up! Abstract Beauty cards & envelopes. This includes the card base already printed with a water-coloured design in several colours and a matching envelope. So half the work is done for you and all you need to do is embellish to make it your own. And I knew I wanted to make a modern Valentines card to give to my teenage daughter with this set.


I have die cut two hearts using the Bouquet of Love hybrid embossing folder and dies. One heart is die cut from Basic White card stock and the other from Abstract Beauty DSP. They were adhered together with adhesive tear tape to add thickness. I just love the shiny gold flecks and splodges on this DSP.


I have adhered some gold Simply Elegant trim and Gold Shimmer ribbon to the back of the heart and then adhered with dimensionals to the card. 

The last bits are added such as stamped hearts in VersaMark and heat embossed with Gold embossing powder from the Lucky You stamp set. The cute sentiment, also embossed with gold embossing powder, is from the Sale-a-bration stamp set, Catching Butterflies. You can receive this set FREE with a qualifying order. And that’s my card for tonight!


Hope you enjoyed your day and had someone special spoil you! I was lucky this year to receive some red roses from my husband. We try not to go overboard for Valentines as we celebrate our wedding anniversary the week before and I chose 7th February hoping that date would be easy to remember being a week before Valentines Day! Usually works 😂

Also managed to make some heart biscuits decorated with buttercream and sprinkles…one for the sweet tooth!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Colour Creations Smoky Slate - Week 46

Hello fellow crafters! This week I am participating in the 2023-24 Colour Creations blog hop where team members of the Art With Heart Stampi...